Nazi silencing of the bells finally ended

Nazi silencing of the bells finally ended
18. července 2016 • 11:39
Not long ago three new bells arrived at the Church of the Assumption of the Virgin Mary and St. Charles the Great in Prague’s Karlov district.

Created in Poland, the bells will chime in the autumn, following a blessing by Cardinal Dominik Duka, the Archbishop of Prague. The late-Gothic- style Church, consecrated in 1377, has lacked any large bells since WWII, when they were confiscated by the Nazi authorities.

Autor: ČTK
 
Newsletter
Využijte služby
zasílání zpráv do vaší
e-mailové schránky!